Family Service League’s history begins with The Children’s Home Association founded in 1881 and the Altruist Society established in 1887. These organizations, among the nation’s first social service organizations, offered child care, counseling educational programs, job training, and direct assistance to families in need.
Throughout our history, the core mission of the organization has remained consistent: to support and strengthen those in need through counseling, education, and social services.
- To help families identify and access their own strengths and resources that will nurture healthy relationships;
- To provide individuals, families, and communities with the tools they need to cope with crisis;
- To offer outstanding counseling, therapy and social and educational services without regard to financial status, gender, race, religion, ethnicity or sexual orientation;
- To be a leader in New Jersey and in the New York metropolitan area in the comprehensive training of counselors in Family Therapy;
- To provide free, confidential, round-the-clock access to support and services for survivors of sexual violence, including advocacy, accompaniment, information, referrals, and counseling services;
- To provide and promote education about sexual violence prevention, outreach, and crisis services.
Executive Director: Christine Ferro-Saxon, LCSW, ACSW
Clinical Director: Wally Weikert, LCSW, LMFT
Associate Clinical Director: Paula Ochs, LCSW, CP, PAT
Sexual Violence Program Support and Grants Manager: Nur Kalyoncu, M.S.
Sexual Violence Program Support and Care Manager: Linda Stephenson, M.S.
Confidential Sexual Violence Advocate Manager: Solange Ramkissoon, M.S.
Sexual Violence Prevention Specialist: Kiara Sarner, B.A.
Sexual Violence Hotline Manager: Mariella Andrade, M.S.W
Sexual Violence Outreach Educator and Evening Programmatic Support: Stephanie Koeller, MS, MFT
Sexual Violence Outreach Educator: Leontyne Harry, B.A.
Sexual Violence Therapist: Barbara Hanna, MS, LAMFT
Sexual Violence Therapist: Michelle Cerro, MS, LAMFT
Bilingual Sexual Violence Therapist: Marisol Chinchay, MS, LAMFT
Data Collection and Entry Specialist: Winerlva Dazulme, BA
Board of Trustees
Family Service League thanks the many businesses, agencies, and individuals that support our agency.
Colbert Family Fund of Coastal Community Foundation of SC
Essex County Division of Housing & Community Development
McMullen Family Foundation
Montclair Rotary Foundation
Partners For Health Foundation
The Courtside Charitable Foundation
The Greater Newark Holiday Fund
The Healthcare Foundation of NJ
The Hyde & Watson Foundation
The Montclair Foundation
The New Jersey Department of Children and Families, Division on Women
The New Jersey Department of Criminal Justice, Office of Victim Witness Advocacy
The Rotary Club of the Caldwells
The Township of Bloomfield, Community Development Block Grant
The White Hill Foundation